Columbia Sportswear Company *New Store* Retail Freight Supervisor - prAna Employee Store - Carlsbad, CA in Carlsbad, California
*New Store* Retail Freight Supervisor - prAna Employee Store - Carlsbad, CA
United States, California, Carlsbad
100003AT Requisition #
1 day ago Post Date
Freight Supervisors are responsible for shipping & receiving functions and providing direction to Stock Associates. As a member of the Store Leadership Team, they support the company mission: “Connecting Active People With Their Passions". Come join the adventure at the prAna Employee Store in Carlsbad, CA.
The Freight Supervisor functions as a member of the Store Leadership Team and is responsible for providing leadership and direction to Stock Associates while ensuring efficient and effective store operations in the freight area. Position may also provide supervision on the sales floor as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Superviseand oversee the store shipping & receiving function.
- Leadand functionally supervise a team of Stock Associates.
- Providedirection and guidance to Stock Associates to ensure efficient and effective operation of the stock room and product flow.
- Maintaincompany standards and guidelines around product flow process and shipping & receiving procedures.
- Ensureaccurate receipt & delivery of product into and out of the store. Provide efficient order management from placement of order to delivery of goods.
- Preparemonthlydepartment updatesto Store Manager.
- Ensurenecessary shipping supplies are always available by planning and ordering in advance.
- Partnerwithdistribution centers, customer service, and accounting when necessary.
- Perform openingandclosingprocedures such as balancing registers, preparing cash bags, and activating security system.
- Maintaindepartment presentation and sales performance through upholding company and/or store direction and guidelines.
- Overseeand authorize cash register transactions made by Sales Associates and provide assistance/training with cash register transactions as needed.
- Provideexcellentcustomer service by assisting customers with questions, concerns and product information
- Createand maintain an environment of strong sales and exceptional customer service through teamwork, coaching Associates, and leading by example.
- Perform otherdutiesas assigned.
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Prefer3 years previous retail operations experience with at least one year of retail supervisory, management or leadership experience.
- Combinationofpreviousexperience,educationand relevant experience considered.
- Previousshipping, receivingand/or supplychainexperience preferred.
- Skillin operating personal computers, POS systems and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
- Abilityto communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel through oral and written means is required.
- Effectiveretail math experience/aptitude/ability required.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Availableto work store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age