NuVasive, Inc. AP Specialist in San Diego, California
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required:High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel:No travel required
Location:CA - San Diego
• Review, code and enter all incoming invoices and distribute to dept. managers for approval.
• Maintain efficient invoice scanning and automatic approval routing process (AP Workflow System).
• Process all check requests for payment and ensure proper approval.
• Responsible for hands-on processing of complex vendor accounts, maintaining vendor master file, A/P Module, credit memos, vendor relations, vendor statement reconciliation, and resolving discrepancies.
• Match and enter all PO invoices from inventory and non-inventory vendors, research and resolve all quantity and price variances with urgency, and maintain excellent communication with the vendor and buyer on all PO issues to prevent supply constraints.
• Prepare PO Receipt of Goods/Receipt of Invoice variance research and resolutions and review weekly with AP Manager; report final by month end deadline.
• Ensure accurate entry and timely payments of vendor invoices; maintain accurate records and control reports. Review daily posting to ensure accuracy and completeness of backup. Review Accounts Payable Aging report with Sr. AP Manager weekly.
• Process and distribute A/P checks two times per week; ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner. Correspond with vendors as needed to resolve pending payment issues.
• Ensure that disbursements for capital items and large purchases are carried out in accordance with the Company’s purchase order and capital expenditure guidelines.
• Communicate professionally with internal and external parties verbally and in written form. Interact with shareowners throughout the Company, other members of the accounting department and vendors. Proactively document and take action to resolve issues that arise.
• Prepare and distribute 1099 and other related tax forms.
• Perform month-end close duties including timely close of accounts payable system and working within the Accounting department to record accrued liabilities for invoices not yet received, as well as prepare Month End A/P Accruals for invoices received but not posted into the month end.
• Monitor, analyze and improve specific Accounts Payable operations, or operations that lead toward Accounts Payable involvement, such as: invoice research and follow up; problem documentation; purchase ordering, receiving, and standardization of input. Communicate with other departments and with vendors regarding our position on relevant issues. Design/revise forms, tools, and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Responsible for the consistent application of relevant controls, policies and procedures
• Other relevant special projects, as needed.
Required Experience: HS Diploma or GED required at minimum. Significant experience processing high- volume Accounts Payable. Years Of Experience: 5 or more years
- Computer Skills:
Proficient and accurate with MS Office Competency, including navigating the Internet. ERP System experience (examples: SAP, Oracle, etc.).
Invoice workflow software experience a plus (Company uses COR360, an Iron Mountain product).
- Language Skills :
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
©2015 NuVasive®, Inc. Privacy at http://www.nuvasive.com/privacy-policy/ Terms and Conditions at http://www.nuvasive.com/terms-conditions/
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or protected veteran status. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
Nuvasive is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.