MedImpact, Inc. Drug Data Management Analyst in San Diego, California
Drug Data Management/Drug Information Analyst
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Drug Information Analyst serves as a technical member of the Drug Information Team and ensures timely, accurate service and accurate deployment of drug files and MedImpact Formularies. This individual serves as liaison between client(s), client team members, Drug Information Pharmacists, Health Services, the NDDF Team and IT staff. This individual also works as a member of the Drug Information Team and liaison to the Health Services clinical teams to provide senior level technical analysis in support of weekly First Databank (FDB) and Medi-Span file updates. This individual will work with the Emerging Therapeutics Strategy and Drug Information Team to develop reporting and impact analysis to support P&T; review and Budget Impact Modeling as well as other drug trend focused projects.
- Works as a member of the Drug Information Team and liaison to the Health Services clinical teams to provide senior level technical analysis in support of weekly First Databank (FDB) and Medi-Span file updates, generic drug classifications related to MAC Pricing, client/pharmacy inquiries related to drug classification and pricing
- Coordinates with Health Services in support of the drug recall/withdrawal process
- Supports maintenance of the MedImpact Formularies, and drug monographs
- Interacts with internal and external customers to support inquiries related to FDB drug classifications, pricing, and updates
- Ensures the integrity of data received or transmitted, recognizes and resolves discrepancies, and communicates progress of file loads and data availability to internal and external customers as necessary
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following
- Provides analytic support to the Emerging Therapeutics Strategy Team and Drug Information Team to evaluate therapeutic class strategy, predict cost impact of specific formulary offerings and edits and aid in drug trend analysis.
- Responsible for review, analysis and classification of drugs in support of the weekly First Databank (FDB), National Drug Data File (NDDF) update process and new FDB programs and applications
- Identifies, plans, develops, implements and maintains business systems solutions that support client operational needs and matches appropriate technology solutions to business needs
- Develops queries to research, gather data and identify solutions
- Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to ensure timely deliverables, high levels of quality, and efficient use of resources to achieve reporting timeliness and accuracy
- Supports MedImpact Formulary maintenance by populating formulary action grids, coding BCRs and updating the formularies and drug lists directly into the formulary system
- Supports drug monograph creation by populating formulary positioning tables, book of business utilization tables and pricing tables
- Administers special projects as assigned by management to include Drug Maintenance Lists, OTC Program Lists, and request for proposal inquiries
- Creates and maintains the NDDF Policy, Procedures and Operations manual
- Provides technical guidance to internal users and trainers of operational functions in support of the NDDF processes
- Partners with Information Technology Programmers and Analysts, and with external customers and business partners in the development of advanced/complex data management capabilities and resolution of issues relating to data file integrity
- Maintains commitment to operational goals in the face of obstacles, collaborates and cultivates positive relationships with internal and external customers through delivery of sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
- Promotes continuous improvement by ensuring adherence to quality principles and seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
- Actively participates in continued professional development to stay up to date on the latest technical and information management enhancements and data management best practices
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, along with four (4) to five (5) years of job related experience in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy, Managed Healthcare or similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office / Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook to create complex documents, manage schedules, and analyze data
- Business user of multiple software applications/processing systems
- Working knowledge of key business application such as SQL writing and coding, Oracle forms, Golden 32, MedOptimize, Visio, knowledgeable of UNIX operating systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Pharmacy Technician or Project Management certification is preferred or equivalent training.
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Ability to effectively balance a high volume of work and a variety of tasks
- Ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively
- Strong analytic, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and organizational skills
- Able to effectively work as a team player as well as independently
- Excellent investigative, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills required
- Excellent presentation and consultative skills, working with internal and external clients at various levels in the organization
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 460.170630.4782