MedImpact, Inc. Pricing Manager in San Diego, California
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Pricing Manager supports sales in growing our business by forecasting profitability of multiple client pricing options and participates in the development of pricing strategy to retain existing business and to win new accounts. This position is responsible for reviewing the financial sections of RFPs to determine client needs or concerns and presenting analysis, opportunities and recommendations to senior management in order to gain approval. The individual manages the complete process from receipt of RFP/Pricing request through communication of financial agreements to internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops pricing models for prospective and existing client pricing that determine pharmacy discounts, rebates and products & services being offered
- Develops and implements innovative pricing strategies that improve market competitiveness while maintaining profitability goals
- Tracks and reports on the deltas between modeled and actual pricing
- Incorporates the impacts of new products and services, special program offerings, company initiatives, and industry developments into the pricing process
- Ensures RFP responses accurately reflect pricing strategy and cost of services contained in financial model developed for client
- Provides responses to certain financial questions for RFPs
- Utilizes understanding of components that influence pricing and able to identify those that could pose financial risk
- Develops pricing strategies for various market segments such as Medicaid, Medicare D, Self-Insured, and Managed Care Organizations
- Gathers market trend information from all relevant sources to be used in establishing parameters in pricing model
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in quantitative based field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting); Five (5) plus years of proven quantitative experience, preferably with PBM pricing or actuarial experience; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of relational databases
Other Skills and Abilities
- Previous Pharmacy Benefit Management, healthcare or managed care experience highly preferred
- Must be highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and decision making skills
- Must be able to work on multiple complex assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze data through Excel or Access
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA or Remote
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 850.170809.4855