J&J Family of Companies Principal Scientist in San Diego, California
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, located in La Jolla, Ca.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This individual will work in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment and be responsible for applying innovative synthetic and medicinal chemistry expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs towards the clinic. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and synthesis of potential drug candidate molecules directed towards the discovery of medicines to treat neuropsychiatric diseases. The candidate must excel in communication, have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a team setting, and have leadership and supervisory experience. He/she will effectively partner with internal medicinal chemists while potentially directing additional external synthesis support. Additional responsibilities include:
· Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
· Demonstrate strong synthetic chemistry expertise, use latest scientific advances and creative solutions to solve challenging synthetic issues.
· Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
· Collaborate with structure based design groups.
· Draft, execute and serve as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
· Collaboratively engage with the external scientific community.
· Present data and reports on project status at individual, group, departmental and organizational meetings.
· Participate in establishing project goals, defining scientific strategies, and contribute to the generation of project related documents and presentations.
· Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
• Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 6+ years pharmaceutical/biotech medicinal chemistry industrial experience is required.
• Post-doctoral experience is preferred
• Proven track record of scientific contributions both internally (advancing discovery programs to clinical candidates) and externally (peer reviewed publications, patents, and presentations is required.
• Independently design and synthesize drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties is required.
• Demonstrate independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations is required.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)