Leidos Project Controller in SAN DIEGO, California
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Project Control Analyst, located in our Campus Point, offices. Candidate will be supporting multiple programs within the Sensor and Phenomenology Operation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, tracking analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract types, size, complexity, and level of risk. Candidate will implement financial policies and procedures in support of projects; establishment and maintenance of cost/schedule baselines; development of WBS and related dictionaries, schedules or Resource Loaded Networks (RLN's) where applicable; variance analyses; preparation of written and verbal reports to management regarding cost schedule variances; program life-cycle activities such as setup/ maintenance; working capital activities such as invoicing support for unbilled cost, accruals, on-hold cost, cost backup; program financial revenue projection and variance support.
Significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical personnel and shared services to support accurate and timely Estimates at Completion (EACs) in parallel with development of program annual operating plan forecasts. Performs risk management, cash flow analysis, and profitability analysis for projects and recommends corrective actions, as appropriate. May participate in new business proposals; analysis of requirements, input to cost and management volumes. Support program reviews and reoccurring Group reviews (i.e., SPAs, Cash Generation, LOE Verifications, SOx certifications, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Control Analyst IV is a key member of the Program Management team as a Finance Business Partner to provide external customer and internal corporate focus. Assist in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. The Project Control Analyst communicates and coordinates with all disciplines across the business including Program Management, Technical Staff, Finance, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, Procurement, and Human Resources.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Implements financial policies and procedures in support of assigned projects
• Establishes and manages cost/schedule baselines
• Prepares internal and external reports on the financial status of assigned programs
• Develops and maintains both revenue recognition and management Estimates at Completion (EACs) as required and/or needed
• Responsible and accountable for program financial forecast uses Leidos Forecasting Process (PF&A EACs)
• Completes cash flow, profitability, unbilled and other reconciliation and analysis as necessary
• Prepares presentation of financial status and performance in internal quarterly In Process Reviews (IPRs)
• Prepares financial and schedule status for customer’s monthly Project Management Review (PMR)
• Performs subcontractor management activities including preparing purchase requisitions, processing of invoices, and preparation of accruals
• Participates in business proposals, assisting with development of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and providing project projections and input into the cost and management volumes
• Adheres to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley and other Corporate and Business Unit (BU) financial policies and procedures
• Establishes and maintains project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Assists with risk analysis and mitigation activities
• Supports working groups as needed
• Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs
BACKGROUND: Comprehensive knowledge of the project control field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments. Basic understanding of multiple contract types: FFP, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, and hybrid contracts. Full understanding of basic fundamentals and systems and ability to select appropriate course of action in moderate to moderately complex circumstances.
VERBAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS: * Comprehends and communicates complex or technical information at a level to solicit or explain it. Able to communicate this information through written correspondence and reports and tailor communication to audience to the required level of detail and specification.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS:* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Program Management, Accounting or an appropriate related discipline, and a minimum of eight years Project Control or related experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS:* Working knowledge of Leidos financial policies, procedures and applications. Ability to work across organizations and functional areas. Positive attitude and team focus.
*DESIRED COMPUTER SKILLS: *
• Experience in scheduling utilizing MS Project
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Hyperion, Deltek CostPoint, Cognos.
• Understanding of balance sheet accounting with respect to payables and receivables
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.