McKean Defense Systems Engineer in San Diego, California
Tracking Code 2471-317 Job Description
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense Group, LLC. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo is seeking a systems engineer with experience in PMW 160 systems including ISNS, SCI-Networks. CENTRIX and/or CANES to provide engineering design support. This position requires demonstrated experience in Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Software and Networking technologies. Candidate will be required to support existing teams in developing, modifying or reviewing current systems designs to meet new requirements. Required to develop or update technical documentation and design briefings. Must have systems engineering experience supporting the Navy. Must have demonstrable experience in designing and upgrading servers, storage and virtualized networks.
Responsibilities include working directly with senior level government engineers and managers, functional teams, and other contractors in the execution of networking designs and integration. Candidate will participate in testing events and installations; minor travel may be required. Must be able to develop test cases, test reports, and provide troubleshooting assistance. Must be able to update and create engineering documents. Must be able to review training and user guides for updates as required. Must be able to review installation documentation. Must be proficient in engineering processes.
- Demonstrated Technical expertise in System Engineering Processes
- Experience in PMW 160 Programs with an emphasis on systems design
- Current active DOD Secret Clearance
- CSWF Certification (MS Server, MS Windows 7, CCNA, etc)
- Excellent written communication skills at military and government levels
- Strong organizational and engineering skills
- Requirements traceability, process improvement and CM experience
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements
Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel Required Experience
Bachelor's degree in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Information Systems) plus 6 years’ experience, or 8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 4 years of recent US Naval support experience
- Experience in afloat network design including legacy and CANES
- Experience in developing and tracking networking requirements and providing detailed analysis of new technologies
- Experience in working with diverse groups including active duty military, government civilians and other contractor staff
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Location San Diego, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2471-317
Job Location: San Diego, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular