MedImpact, Inc. Clinical Solutions Manager II in San Diego, California
Clinical Solutions Manager II
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Clinical Solutions Manager II is experienced in business analysis, product development, project management, and business process improvement. This role manages and supports the overall vision, goals, and objectives for the Health Services department while interacting with Health Services Leadership Team and liaisons with and across departments to ensure that Health Services’ assigned Strategic Business Initiatives, Business Unit Initiatives, product development and operational functions are successful, meet corporate operational excellence criteria and yield revenue to meet target goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify, analyze, monitor and suggest actions for Health Services’ clinical programs, products and services that materially contribute to the profitability, growth and productivity of the department and the company
- Responsible for recommending financial and non-financial strategic alternatives and developing and maintaining operational plans
- Identify, analyze and deliver information and research solutions to leadership, management and staff teams for strategic and business unit initiatives and product development projects
- Responsible for evaluating, selecting and analyzing information about potential solutions, technologies, competitive market analyses and services
- Support the research, development and implementation of clinical programs, products and services
- Manage cross-functional teams through all phases of the product and project lifecycle
- Lead sessions to document business requirements, application needs, functionality, and user requirements
- Act as a liaison between functional work areas to develop consensus on product and project deliverables and monitor timeline(s) as required
- Work through problem areas and assist with product or project implementation
- Act as a subject matter expect (SME) for clinical programs, products and services
- Provide day-to-day management and leadership of business, technology and marketing issues and deliverables affecting clinical programs, products and services within the lifecycle process, ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery
- Promote continuous improvement by reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and re-designing complex, intricate business processes
- Use process mapping and other workflow simplification techniques to capture and define process efficiencies and ROI
- Effectively utilize the assets, tools, and processes necessary to achieve business objectives by leveraging analysis, evaluation, planning and organizational skills/tools
- Provide recommendations for the acquisition/development or enhancement of equipment and systems necessary to support the business in an efficient and quality manner
- Support business process improvement initiatives, including evaluating and documenting processes and workflows, identifying gaps, and developing recommendations for improvement
- Conduct needs assessments and gap analysis as required per initiative. Design, implement, and monitor change plan(s) required
- Retrieve information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to proprietary on-line databases, Internet, wire services and competitive market sources
- Utilize information retrieved to conduct research and analysis to derive implications from data and present results and information to leadership, product and project sponsor and teams and to oversee development of action plan(s)
- Coordinate and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel, including SME’s, and other tangible and intangible resources necessary to complete analyses, define scope, create the project plan, and execute deliverables
- Ensure that assigned staff members understand roles & responsibilities and rules of engagement
- Serve as a liaison between Health Services functional areas and ancillary business units, including Information Technology, Operations and Business Development to ensure timely project or product timelines
- Complete all documentation throughout the product or project lifecycle, including creating project charters, business cases, business requirements, functional requirements, etc.
- Obtain appropriate approvals at each phase of the project
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university along with five (5) plus years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Project Management Professional certification preferred.
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in product and project life cycles and methodologies, continuous quality improvement, and change management
- Experience working with or in IT departments in the development and implementation of clinical software applications a plus
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering and quality systems
- General knowledge of finance, including ability to read and understand financial data such as product income statements, ROI analysis, net present value analysis
- General knowledge of marketing, including market research, market sizing, pricing, marketing communications and product launch
- General knowledge of new product development processes and methodologies
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other statistically based process improvement methodology helpful
- Proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
This position may require domestic travel of up to 10%.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 450.180410.5433